My Life... from the beginning

Monday, November 10, 2008

Albuquerque - Part III (New Mexico State Capitol)

"Snowwwwwwwwww!" Somebody exclaimed. Everyone on the bus turned to the window sleepily. Then out came the cameras and clicking. Luckily, I'm not the only mountain tortoise!

Pity it's just a thin layer. Snow had fallen overnight and it's such a pretty sight. The problem is.... I wasn't prepared for such cold weather!

But luckily, being the kiasu parent we are, our precious girl was well protected. We show her that smoke comes out of our mouth by exhaling. And she kept trying and trying.

See? Her mouth never close! She couldn't get the effects we were achieving. Guess she don't have as much "hot air" as we do! Hee hee.

The problem with updating the blog 3 months later..... I can't remember who the heck is that!

Here we are, at the New Mexico State Capitol. All ready for our tour.

A lot of these tours require us to listen to the guide's introduction to the place and its history. Megan manage to stay still and "listen" most of the time.

I vaguely remember this as where most of the voting takes place. Hmmm... need to update more timely next time. Just goes to show how my brains work these days. Sigh.... I think its all filled up with nursery rhymes.

I'm so thankful each time she manage to sit through the talks without fussing. And there's sooooooooo many times that I almost wanted to fuss too.

" Yeah... I can get up and move around now!"

"Arghhhhh.... another one?"

"Hmmm... art pieces huh? I bet I can do that"

I remember this particular piece coz I was so impressed by it. This artwork is done entirely with sand. The sand was collected from different states.
"Yikes! That's art? It's a scary monster!"
This was made entirely out of newspapers. Can't imagine how long it took!
"More pictures? Can I come down and run, please? This is so boring!"

"Yawn.... What's so nice about all these?"

"Sigh... can we go out now?"

"Where's dad? Another meeting?"

"How much longer?"

"I feel like I've been waiting here forever"

"Arghhhh.... what are you guys doing?"

"OMG! Another talk!"

Usually, when we reach this stage, the infinate meetings where she's about to explode out of boredom, out comes the sweets. That can buy me some time before she goes crazy and start wailing away.

"Yum yum, now I can be on my best behaviour! Do you need help with anything?"

"I can help you wipe the chair"

"Wow! They keep their furnitures really clean. Look, not a speck of dust."

"All done. What's next?"

"More pictures?"

"What's this? Bet you have no idea."

"I'm freeeeee... Free to run and roam"

"Hmmm... how firm is this chair? Can I jump on it?"

"I'm tired already."

"Fresh air, nice and crisp!"

"Let me run a while more before we get up the bus?"

"Okay, I'm ready to go."

"Shopping? Great! Where are the toy shops?"

"What do you mean there are no toy shops here?"

"Then why are we still hanging around?"

No comments: