My Life... from the beginning

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

San Antonio - Part II (Children's Museum)

The next day, after the Sea World outing, we were so tired that I told hubby to go ahead with his itinerary without us. We wanted to nua in the hotel for a while first.

Well, the "nuaing" didn't last very long. 2 adults and 1 toddler in a hotel room, what do you think? So we went out for a walk and found a Children's Museum! Of course we had to go in. Once I'm inside, I realise that the camera's with hubby, so I bought a disposable and realise that I have no idea what to do with it!

Still, I think I made some decent shots. And I reshot them with the digital camera again in order to post the pictures up, which explains the horrible resolution. The first few shots were a failure. I didn't turn on the flash. *sigh* Such a waste!

When we enter, there was a little corner with a mini aquarium and a mini sofa. Megan ran in and sat there immediately. Then we moved on to another section where they had toys like blocks and wooden horses etc etc. As we walk in, there was this sand pit which had a brushes for the toddlers to hold! I wasn't expecting Megan to like it since she's not a big fan of sand. But she happily started brushing the sand and pointed to the stuffs that she found after brushing off the sand. There's bones and pots and all kinda of stuffs like a real dig!

My little archeologist in the making?

Moving on, we found a section which explains all about our teeth! And there is a giant set of toothbrush and teeth which my girl happily started brushing.



Ah! Telephones from all eras. A telephone operator in the making? Hope not!

The next stop was a mini 2 storey house just for kids!

This is the kitchen.The stairs lead up to the living room with a roaring fireplace (with red strips of cloth flying!)
Ah... She's serving tea to her guests. (Me and Mom!)

There's even a toy chest in the corner with wooden blocks and books.


Attempting to drive a train.

A farmyard! Posing with cows and chickens.

Harvest time! Megan collecting and ferrying the corns around.



Remember this thingy? Where you press the pins on one side and check out the impressions made on the other side?



The bubbles room. A hot favorite. Megan spend the longest time in there. There was a big ring which Megan stood inside and I pull the ring up to make a bubble that enclosed her inside.

This section had big boards that has colorful pictures with stories on it. But all Megan wants to do is to find tight corners to squeeze through.

Clip ons. You know? It's kind of like legos.


We had so much fun in the museum (yah yah, I was playing with all the toys too) that we were reluctant to leave. And all the time I was inside, I couldn't figure out why this is a museum. The toys didn't seems that outdated to me (or was it that I'm really old?) Then it strikes me that there isn't any toy inside that has a button to press and a squeaky voice singing "A B C D ......."

So off we go for lunch. We took a walk along the riverside to find food for Megan. At one glance, I knew there wasn't gonna be any Chinese restaurants around. So spaghetti is the next best choice. I had to ask 6 different restaurants if they had spaghetti (no, sorry. I don't want pasta) before I found this Italian restaurant. Aiyoooooo, the trouble this girl makes me go through.

After a yummy (and expensive) lunch by the river, we took a boat ride around the river before bringing her back for her afternoon nap.


After hubby comes back from his erm... "field study trip", we'll go shopping again. That's another update later!

1 comment:

Nayo said...

Wow!!! Sure seems like alot of fun!!!