My Life... from the beginning

Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Mexico

We went on a trip to New Mexico! It was organized by the IMSO from Fort Bliss.

Hmm... I don't think we got to visit any scenic spots coz we were following hubby on his "field study trip". It was a pretty tiring trip as it was a one day thing. So 7 hours on a bus in 1 day (to and fro) is no joke. Especially with a toddler!



1st stop! Some military camp base. (Erm... I dunno the names of all the places I went coz I was too busy looking for shades to hide under!)

Never mind, look at pictures of my girl. That's good enough! Hee hee...


Ah! I know this is the McBride Museum. Only coz the name was in the picture. Frankly, with a toddler in tow, I can't listen to the guide, I can't view the artifacts or pictures or anything! All my focus was on chasing the girl and trying to catch her. The minute I get her in my arms, she'll be struggling to get down.

The only time when she willingly stays in my arms is when someone approaches her and try to talk to her. That is the moment she becomes a koala bear!



Our family photo in front of a horse which I dunno why it's there. Hmm.... who has time to read the introduction they posted on the walls? Sigh...

This is the exterior of the military base which the guide was introducing. I notice some names carved into the floor and the stone seats... Erm... eh.... hmmm...



Next stop! The Roswell UFO Meuseum. This I know coz of the TV Series "Roswell"! Ha ha... I like UFO stuffs but I couldn't even finish the guided tour of the museum. How do you stand and read the information on the wall when your kid is running like crazy round the place? It was not a grand museum (pretty cheap looking with posters tag to the walls actually), but I wish I had time to read through the stuffs. But I was running after Megan, trying to ensure that the museum remain intact. The museum had chairs placed in each booth so that visitors can actually sit and read the posters on the wall. But that girl was pulling the chairs around the place! When I pull the chair away from her and walk back to replace it, she'll be at another booth trying to touch the display! I was the crazy mom going after the crazy kid.

That's hubby and his friend, Jason from Singapore, who is on the same course.

After lunch, we proceeded to this reservoir. This is a good place. Plenty of space for her to run and I'm not worried that she'll spoil anything artifacts. Just try to keep her away from the water.








There were stone steps down to the reservoir. Oh, you can actually swim here. There are many kids swimming at the other side. I happily dip Megan in and she's sooooo excited, kicking away at the water. At this moment, hubby ask me why am I dipping her at the part where it says the water is 7ft deep? Do I know how deep is 7ft? Hmmm... actually I don't. When I realise that it goes over my head (I'm 1.65metres tall), I pulled her out and guai guai bring her to the other end!




We rested on the field while the guys played soccer. Just waiting for the next stop, DINNER!


While waiting for our fajitas to arrive, Megan had a piece of taco. And that's the only thing she had for dinner. She didn't even want more of it. The problem with these road trips is that it affects her food intake. Other than rice or noodles, there is nothing that appeals to her. I can't expect the whole troop to suit her tastes. So for the whole day, she had only 2.5 bottles of milk. Each bottle is only 180ml. Sad right? How to go on more road trips? Arghhhhh...

Anyway, dinner was a difficult affair. She was tired and cranky. It was around 11pm when we finished and way past her bedtime. We had to take turns to bring her out of the restaurant to avoid disturbing the other diners. By the time we reach back El Paso, it was pass midnight.

1 comment:

Hello! My name is Hayley Tan said...

Hi Megan Jie Jie,

Happy to see yur updates! Glad you are settled well in yur new place.

Btw, the sleeveless top you are wearing, is it from BabyGap? Coz I also have the similar top like yours but in sz 12-18 mos n already getting slightly small on me.

Take care!!
Hayley ^_^