My Life... from the beginning

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tucson, Arizona - Part 1

Another "field trip" which we survived! This wasn't so bad actually. The places we visited were more interesting than the last "field trip". Ha!

What is amazing is that we survived a 5 hours bus ride and arrived in one piece. Exhausted, cranky, grouchy and aching bums but still whole.




Isn't she cute? Hee hee... She takes these long rides pretty well surprisingly. So far she doesn't fuss, sleeps a lot or just climbs all over me. I'm so thankful for that.

These pictures were taken during one of the pit stops during the 5 hours ride. Megan was happy to stretch her legs and there's a wonderful view of the mountains which I had no chance to take pictures of as it was on the other side of the road and it was quite foggy.

We were on our way down to Tucson. It's one of the oldest town in USA. There were 3 places we were visiting. The first one is the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This is more work related for Kevin and not really a tourist attraction. But the area around it does have photo taking opportunities!


Her father wanted to get up close and personal. Hmmm...





Actually they just wanted to have a picture with Megan but she wouldn't let them carry. So we had to rope the whole family in. 1st guy on the left is from Korea, next to him from Egypt, I think? That stupid cactus behind poked me and it's really really painful!



Ah... the biggest guy in the group. He's from Chez Republic. Hubby said die die also must take picture next to him!


Ha! My girl have her picture taken with J.F.K!

"Look, Mom! Water!!!! Time for swimming!"

"Let me go, let me go"

And I just explained to her that this is a water fountain and nobody goes inside a fountain when one of Kevin's colleague jump right inside. "Faintz"


"To the next station!" Her royal highness commands!

All tired out! She's usually in this state on a bus. I think it's a good thing coz she wakes up fresh and all ready to play. But I get achy all over since I can't stretch out much. Oh, I am always the one she sleeps on. Sigh... most likely coz I'm softer with the fats covering me.

This is our hotel in Tucson. I know the name reads "Marriott" erm... but it's nothing like the Marriot in Singapore. But it is still heaven to the weary.



No comments: