My Life... from the beginning

Monday, July 21, 2008

Tucson, Arizona - Part 2

Biosphere 2

Today we are visiting this place called Biosphere 2. What amazes me is that this place is actually bankrolled by this guy named Edward P. Bass. A really rich guy with no place else to spend $200 million bucks!!!

This place is an artificial enclosed ecological system to mirror that of Earth. Supposedly, it was suppose to see if we could create a similar environment in other planets. Well, maybe my girl will get to see if it takes root.

The view outside was amazing. Don't let Kevin's face distract you!


This is part of the structure of the Biosphere 2. I think it's really amazing considering that it is built in the 1980s. It's an airtight enclosure the size of 2 and a half football fields.

My girl just spotted the man-made ocean. It's 850 sqm with a coral reef.


I think this is the desert part of the enclosure. Apart the first part, I couldn't really follow what the guide was saying anymore. That's all the pictures we managed to take in Biosphere 2 anyway. It's hard dealing with a squirming girl and following a group with a schedule.

To me, the most amazing thing about this place is what a man with too much money and time can do!



Titan Missile Museum

Last stop of our Tucson tour, the Titan Missile Museum. I got to see a real missile!

I looked grouchy huh? You would be too if you had to stand under the burning sun. Megan's look was worse than mine! Ha ha ha...

We took a walk outside before entering the place and I was busy looking for shelter to hide under. So I missed most of the talk by the guide. But I had to take a peek at the missile from the tower.

Cool huh? Just think that this was actually for use in the Cold War!


My mom trying not to look bored. So far all the guided tours were in English. I think it's all really boring to her.

Well this is the end of our Tucson trip. Another boring 5 hrs drive back to El Paso. Oh and I shall just end it with a video of my girl entertaining herself in the hotel.



1 comment:

Nayo said...

A MAN-MADE OCEAN? Cool!!! Never heard of it. Well, is there such thing as cold war? Did you mean when it is freezing then they have war? Or what does it mean?