My Life... from the beginning

Friday, August 29, 2008

Austin, Texas - Part I

Yeah! Another road trip.... This time for about 6 days to Austin and San Antonio. First stop, Austin.
Can you see her excitment? I dunno if it's the trip or simply the bus ride that she loves. If it is the bus ride, I can save money on taxis next time!


Lunch break! Its a long ride to Austin, about 6 to 7 hours. So we need to refuel.... our stomach. I forgot to take pictures of the food we have been taking huh? This place sucks, the beef taste like leather! There's a Dairy Queen next door, I'll be taking that on our way home instead of this crappy place again!Megan and Nora.



Megan amusing the crowd with her "Ugly Face". That's how she earns all her lollipops and chocolates!


First stop, the Texas Capitol. Wowweeeee! The restoration was done in 1997, so I guess we came at the right time.




She ran round and round and round the circle until..........



"Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chase the weasel....... "

Oppsssss.... and she fell!

Time to start our guided tour. That is the Surrender of Santa Anna Painting. That was the Texas General Sam Houston resting under the oak tree after being wounded at the Battle of San Jacinto while the Mexican General was brought to him as a prisoner of war.


See... I actually listened!


That is because this is the first introduction of the tour. I missed everything else after that.


This is the dome from where we were standing. Each level of the stairway up has portraits of all the presidents from day one till now.


The seals of the six flags of Texas from where we were standing previously, looking up at the dome. The United States, Mexico, France, Spain and the Confederacy surround the emblem of the Republic of Texas.


Megan trying to memorize all the governors of Texas?


Fat hope... off she goes!


The Goddess of Liberty as viewed from inside the Capitol. Oh and this one is supposedly a replica. The original has been transferred to a museum somewhere.

Waiting for the rest before proceeding to the gift shop, naturally...

Horsing around the gift shop. Lucky we didn't break anything.

Acting dainty to get her lollipop again!

Back to the hotel and waiting for our next destination. The LBJ Library.



Here we are and Megan is trying to explain the events of the day to Nora. Either that or she's just drunk.

By the way, LBJ is Lyndon Baines Johnson, the 36th President of the United States. Hubby ask me why is he such a big deal that there's a whole library and museum dedicated to him. Well, I told him if he was born in Pasir Ris, raised in Pasir Ris and died in Pasir Ris after being the President of Singapore, Pasir Ris will probably dedicate a museum to him too.
I'm standing in the Oval Office ok? Dun play play.


Pictures with the Ex-President and the Ex-First Lady! Impress bo?



The Oval Room

The Red Room


The Green Room


The Yellow Room

How else will you know what rooms they are? Such innovative names!

Ok. Moving on to the last stop of the day. We are visiting a children's home. It's actually for single moms.


Not what I was expecting at all! Everything was neat and clean and looks new. I was disappointed that the children weren't in. They were all at daycare. This facility take cares of the moms and their kids by providing lodging and food. But the mommies are expected to find jobs and take care of their kids. So during the day, they will bring their kids to daycare and go to work.

Megan didn't wanna leave this place. She didn't have time to go through all the toys! This is her playground!

Tomorrow, we are going to MY PLAYGROUND!

9 comments:

MEEEEE: the genius and fabulous me!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Hello!

please go to my blog

Calynn said...

Hi Daryl,

I did go to your blog! Nobody miss me!!! Boo hoo hoo

Anonymous said...

aww...megan is so sweeeeet! so fun these road trips! more updates plsss!

Nayo said...

Hello!!!

Wow she can tie her hair already!!! She looks soooo cute when her hair is tied up.

K said...

hahah... she does look drunk in e vid leh. erm, how come u all go there only go 4 rd trips nia ar? just play all e time?? when's ur hubby's course???

MEEEEE: the genius and fabulous me!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Well, they did
I got everybody i knew to vote
You got 2 votes!!!

Calynn said...

Jaime,
More coming up soon!

Nayo,
Cute huh? I'm thinking whether to cut her hair?

K,
Yea! I tot she looks drunk too! Erm.. These road trips are erm... part of his course leh! It's suppose to be educational!

Daryl,
ONLY 2! Boo hoooooo hoooooo

MEEEEE: the genius and fabulous me!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Xiao gu, don't worry, lots of them voted that they miss everybody!!
(i think it was me)

Nayo said...

Ko Ko silly eh?