My Life... from the beginning

Monday, August 18, 2008

El Paso Zoo

I wanted to bring the girl to the local zoo. Singapore Zoo is one of the best, so why would I bother bringing her to a small local town zoo? Why not?

It's near and it's cheap.

But I went expecting to be bored. Kevin's colleagues were telling him not to bother. It's so small and there's not much to see. Oh well, it's only $2.50 per person. Again, why not?

It's surprisingly nice. I don't know if it's because Megan is at a stage where she takes more interest in the animals or if the small and peaceful environment lets her enjoy the place more. But she certainly seems to have more fun here than the last time I brought her to Singapore Zoo.


The animals here are also enclosed in natural settings. No doubt, the enclosures are smaller but it allows a nearer and better view of the animals. Nope, I'm not talking about the two in the pictures. Hee hee..


That's what I'm talking about. It looks so near that Megan keeps reaching her hands out for them to come over.

Staring in amazement at the elephants. There were only two of them. I think one was on Ecstasy? It keeps shaking it's head from side to side for the whole time we stood watching. The other one was pulling leaves off the trees and stomping on it. They were a lot fiestier than those I've seen before.

Spot the squrriel? They were running free all around the zoo premises. Megan tried her best to catch one but they were a lot faster than her!



Took me a while to realise why everyone around me had this disgusted look. I thought it's just a python mah. Then my brains connected with my eyes and it hit me that they are having lunch. It's not a soft toy they are hugging to sleep with. Yucks!

That's the closest we've ever been to a tiger.

Brown Bear Brown Bear, what do you see? It's a black bear actually, but she loves the Brown Bear book. Turns out that all the parents read that. When I recited that line to Megan, the parents of little girl in pink joined in. Everyone's reading the same book huh? That guy must be earning millions.
No prize for guessing who won the race.


It was an enjoyable visit. There were quite a number of other animals which we didn't take pictures of. Too busy with a running toddler.

We will be back!

1 comment:

:: teQuila sunrise :: said...

Aww...this blog with its prettee pics and creative narration never fail to cheer me up!

Hope you're all well and happee! Keep smiling! *waves to cute lil' Megan*

Take care,
Liwei