My Life... from the beginning

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Carlsbad, New Mexico - Part I

We went on a 3 days road trip to Carlsbad, New Mexico organized by Fort Bliss.

I was worried about these trips coz I dunno if Megan can take these 5/6 hours on a bus. But surprisingly, she loves bus rides. Everytime she sees the bus, she'll point excitedly to it and demand to go up as soon as possible. Weird huh?

The only problem with these trips are her food intake. Sometimes she has to go for almost 1 day without anything to eat except for biscuits and juices. Well, who ask her to be a fussy eater?



Toilet break. The bus stops every two hours for a toilet break and this place was so pretty that we started snapping non-stop. Isn't the view gorgeous?


That's Kevin's course mate. He's the only one who has successfully carried Megan. The packets of gummies served its purpose!

Lunch break! Oh oh... Mexican food. Fajitas for Megan? Nay... no a chance. She won't go near that stuff. She had a couple of tacos though. Even tried dipping it in the salsa. That girl can take hot sauce!


We finished early and took a seat outside the restaurant while waiting for the rest.

Megan in one of her sweeter moments.

That's Nora. She's a couple of months younger than Megan. And I had Megan calling her jie jie all the way till I realised it. Aiyoooooo.... Look at her arms!

She's from Saudi Arabia and a really sweet girl. Super active too! She gets along with anyone and everyone. You can pass her up and down the bus and she's happily interacting with everyone. Such a big contrast with my whiny girl who hides her face once anyone smiles her at.

So adorable!

After lunch, we head off to the Carlsbad Caverns.

Excuse the lousy pictures. My camera can't make it in the dark. Megan wasn't allowed to go for the guided tour so Kevin had to stay behind with her. Me and Mom went ahead. It was really cold in the caves, about 70 storeys underground. That's our hotel during our stay in New Mexico.

We head out in the evening again to see the bats flying out of the caves. Hundreds of thousands of them! But we were not allowed to take pictures. It was a pretty amazing sight. Tiny bats flying out of the caves in a whirlpool pattern and heading out to prey in the night. But after 20 minutes, its still going on and we were getting bored. I mean, how long can you stare at bats flying out of caves no matter how amazing it looks at the beginning?

4 comments:

MEEEEE: the genius and fabulous me!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Xiao Gu,

What other words can Megan say? I called you but no one answered.

K said...

yoo hoo,
haf been following ur little adventures over there. BEN N JERRY'S SO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!
seems like megan is enjoying herself. gd gd. she's getting really pretty.
wei, always miss u one dark side one.. :(

Nayo said...

Ah Yee,

You went 70 storeys underground???

That's deep!

Interesting! I've never seen bats!!

Sheryl said...

Xiau Gu,


I've seen a bat in my school!
Everyone always stands there!
Luckily it is only a small bat.
I saw it in the small rainforest in my school on the way to the hall!